Monday, December 15, 2008

Thank You President Bush, for Ducking.

I am seriously proud of President Bush for ducking. I am a bit curious how the journalist was able to slip both of his shoes off with no secret service person noticing. Perhaps they are trained to look for guns only and missed what was probably more noticeable, a journalist taking his shoes off and then throwing them at the president.

I was curious why a secret service agent didn't react quicker, at the very least, blocking the second shoe. Perhaps that would have looked silly, diving across the room to block a shoe? Pat Buchanan mentioned the very same thing on television a short while ago. I kind of chuckled that Pat and I were thinking about that second shoe.

I am also pleased that the Iraqi's have a way of showing discord that does not involve gunfire or bombs. That speaks well of their culture.

No comments: